Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 In Which

I took up tea drinking with committed passion ... became a walking enthusiast, finding a renewed energy ... more actively invested in politics by challenging our elected officials on a regular basis ... improved my backgammon game via the computer—also playing chess with a co-worker ... published my novella The Drifter Detective: Torn and Frayed ... had eighty of my articles (devoted to books and movies) published at Macmillan's Criminal Element ... re-familiarized myself with Algebra ... delighted in the eighth year of BEAT to a PULP as one of its creative best ... and savored every minute of the year that I could with my charmers, Ava & Denise.

Now I raise a toast to all of you, my friends, wishing you a Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've packed a lot into your year David, here's to an even better one in 2017.

Scott D. Parker said...

Welcome to the Tea Drinkers Club! That's a good number of accomplishments, but I suspect the best one is the last. Here's to 2017. May it be better than 2016.

David Cranmer said...

Alan, as I mentioned on your blog, I very much enjoyed hanging out with you in '16 talking movies, books, life. Here's to us finding The Tower in'17.

Scott, yes, the last one was best. Best of the new year, friend. To you and your family.

pattinase (abbott) said...

A productive year, David. But I wouldn't expect anything but.

David Cranmer said...

Kind words, Patti. Wishing you and your family the finest 2017 has to offer!

Charles Gramlich said...

I should get back to more walking. It really helps my productivity

David Cranmer said...

I know it does mine, Charles.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

David, except for Algebra, I'm fine with everything you did in 2016! Math sends shivers down my spine. I know some friends in India who are learning Vedic mathematics. Personally, I'd like to learn the ancient Indian language Sanskrit.

David Cranmer said...

Vedic math? Just looked it up and am intrigued.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

David, I'm told Vedic Math is fascinating though I don't know how different it is from modern Math. Textbooks are available.

Elgin Bleecker said...

A belated Happy New Year to you, David.