Wednesday, July 13, 2016

BTAP Webzine | George R. Johnson | A Well-Ordered Life?

BTAP Webzine | George R. Johnson | A Well-Ordered Life?: July 2016 short story

About this Pulp of the Month: I had asked Randy if he cared to contribute a story to BEAT to a PULP. This was back at the start, around 2008, and I suspected the pulp fiction enthusiast (and avid film/book reviewer) was a wordsmith himself. His response was humble and he politely declined my invitation though indicating maybe some future point. After he passed away in 2015, his sister Gloria sent me a box of his writings and I was not astonished to find an excellent short story writer who had been scribbling away since the 1970s. I've selected a 500-word flash fiction piece to publish first and before long hope to roll out some of his longer pieces. 

I hope you can take a few short minutes to read "A Well-Ordered Life?"

3 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

Thanks for this gem. I understand now why you asked him to contribute.

Greetings from London.

Oscar Case said...

Suspenseful! Hope he beat the crap out of the robber again.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

This is great, David. Will read it right away.