Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Drifter Detective #7: Torn And Frayed

Sometimes I’ll pull off the shelf a Ross Macdonald book featuring the world weary Lew Archer, P.I., and other times I might choose to read several passages from the absurdist essayist/novelist Albert Camus. From these two vastly different entities, my own story TORN AND FRAYED transpired for the seventh installment in the Drifter Detective series. I’m hoping I’ve created a plot without the standard tropes associated with the genre, serving up a splash of absurdism. Amazon description reads:

The road may have finally gotten to Jack Laramie. After a heated incident at a roadside diner, uncharacteristic of the wandering P.I., he decides he’s in need of a break and accepts a steady gig as a handyman at the ranch of an elderly farmer. Thinking he’s going to have an easy time of it tending to the chickens and pigs, Jack soon finds that it isn’t so different from his usual job when family secrets and money-hungry scoundrels threaten to pull him into a web of deception that might just tear him down.

Amazon ebook link.

*print edition forthcoming soon.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Definitely will pick this up

David Cranmer said...

Thank you, Charles.

I hope so, Oscar.