Monday, December 12, 2011

Turning The Reins Of My Characters Over To Another Writer

Ever since the first Cash & Miles adventure appeared in 2008, I've been asked when a novel would come out. I began working on one at once and abandoned it almost as quickly. Then, as now, I’m not a novelist—yet. I love writing short stories, and I have completed a novella, so the way I look at it, I’m edging my way up to the longer player. But, considering the speed at which I write, it'd be 2050 before I have a finished piece.

In the meantime, I'm very proud that several authors of both western and crime approached me inquiring if I was interested in them penning a Cash Laramie/Gideon Miles novel. It seems the outlaw marshal and his stoic partner had been cheating on me by providing these other wordsmiths with some tremendous plot ideas.

First up is Heath Lowrance who impressed the hell out of me with THE BASTARD HAND and THAT DAMNED COYOTE HILL. He sent me an outline idea for a Miles noir western and I immediately liked it. I added my two cents and the result is MILES TO LITTLE RIDGE.

Turning the reins of my characters over to another writer may seem seem strange to some, but after reading this novella, you'll see that Mr. Lowrance not only nailed the voice of Gideon Miles but delivered a thrilling, action-packed little gem. We hope you like it and we're very interested in your thoughts.

MILES TO LITTLE RIDGE is $0.99 at Amazon's Kindle store.

6 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Nook plans? I know sales there pale compared to kindle but since that us the device I own I'm married to it for now.

Charles Gramlich said...

Just got my copy on kindle.

Ron Scheer said...

Great idea, and absolutely great cover.

Icy Sedgwick said...

I can't wait to read it!

David Barber said...

I'll be getting mine, David. And, as Ron says, that's a great cover. Good luck with it, my friend!

David Cranmer said...

It will eventually get there, Travis. I allowed RIDGE to be part of the Amazon lending library for 90 days exclusive. After that, Nook and the world.

Thanks, Charles.

Ron, Denise did an awesome job on RIDGE and its her favorite to date.

I hope you enjoy it, Icy. And thanks for stopping by.

Thank you, Mr. Barber.