Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lawrence Block on Cash Laramie -- and Other News of The Outlaw Marshal

It’s been (and is going to be) a busy week for my noir western antihero Cash Laramie. First, acclaimed crime writer Lawrence Block tweeted yesterday that “Excuse me for a bit, tweeps. I just bought Adventures of Cash Laramie and I want to start reading it...” Now if that didn’t stop me cold in my tracks, his tweet the next day did, “…I did read & enjoy several stories in Cash.” Needless to say, I’m going to be framing a couple of Twitter tweets!

Chuck Tyrell is interviewed by Jeanne Bannon. I’ve been working closely with Mr. Tyrell on a Cash Laramie novel, and he offers you a tiny glimpse here.

I’m a big fan of what Keith and the boys are doing with Crimefactory. I’ve wanted to be in CF for years, and I’m finally getting my chance with “Cash Laramie and the Painted Ladies” in issue #7 coming very soon.

And on Jack Martin’s next Wild West eMonday, Cash’s “Gun Justice” appears. This is a short blood-splattered tale written with Chuck Tyrell.

And, of course, many thanks go to the Cash & Miles fans who took the time to leave comments on Amazon and post reviews on their individual blogs. I'm deeply appreciative to one and all.

7/28 update: Cullen Gallagher reviews ADVENTURES at Spinetingler.

7/29 update: WILD WEST eMonday - Let those wagons roll.

7/30 update: Wild West eMonday - The magnificent seven 1.

10 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Hm. But what ego-stroking things have been happening of late? (Certain folks are simply generous...particularly when they see something worthy of praise...)

Leah J. Utas said...

I've been enjoying your stories, David. I'm not surprised to find others doing the same.

Brian Drake said...

After the way Block skewered John Locke's work in a recent post I don't know if I would want him reading my stuff, but I'm glad he enjoyed yours. Have a drink...

David Cranmer said...

Todd, Mr. Block is very generous and really gives back to the community in his daily recommendations and his affirmation for writers tweets.

Thanks, Leah. I'll make sure you will be one of the first to get a copy of Volume II.

Brian, He pushed Locke's eBook and admitted he followed the man's advice on several points. I see that as positive. Now he did admit he didn't finish one of Locke's novels but explained he doesn't finish a lot of novels today and that was more about him and not Locke as a novelist.

And thanks, amigo. I'm sipping that drink now.

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

Very exciting news... and the tweets should definitely be framed! Looking forward to all of this.

Randy Johnson said...

It is a nice thing to know your efforts are not for naught(we already knew that, but Mr. Block brings a little more to the table than myself).

Dave King said...

So many congrats in order here, please take them all as enthusiastically conveyed. All so comprehensively deserved. Wonderful stuff.

David Cranmer said...

Framed they will be, Sabrina. :)

Randy, I've had so much support from Blogger, Google+, and Twitter camps and that is what has placed me on Amazon's recommended top five. I wouldn't trade that backing for all the Kryptonite on Kal-El's home planet.

The communities involved are very gracious, Dave. I'm very thankful.

Charles Gramlich said...

Tres Cool, my friend.

David Cranmer said...

That it is, Charles. Gracias.