Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Matter of Tea and a Worthy Cause

My friend Charlie Whipple has a blog post I would like to turn your attention to. Charlie's a terrific writer and I know you will enjoy these tales that have the added benefit of proceeds going to a worthy cause.

Note from Charlie: I've got the Smashwords page inserted, but Rebecca tells me we're something like No.1226 in line, so it will take a bit more time for the book to respond to the link. Right now it tells you the book is no longer available. A little more patience, please. Thanks for your support.

While you're waiting here is Charlie Whipple writing as Chuck Tyrell at BEAT to a PULP with "Line Rider."

3 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

Smashwords didn't seem to be ready when I checked a couple hours ago. I'll keep trying...I thought Charlie's post was really touching. You can tell it has become another world over there, one of urgency, uncertainty, and extremes. Another 9/11, much different from his first post about the quake, when it was all too recent to have had the psychic impact. Thanks for posting this.

David Cranmer said...

Agreed, Ron. I can only imagine what folks are going through worrying about radiation. How nerve-racking it must be as a parent, thinking about what could be happening to your child. And what about those workers braving radiation knowing their facing an early death. Unbelievably grim time for this great nation. I’ve always respected the Japanese people (and their history) and know they are a strong and courageous group and they will eventually overcome this disaster.

ChuckTyrell said...

Ron, David, the link is live now. Thanks so much for your help.

charlie