Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Submissions Opening

Submissions will be opening up again at BEAT to a PULP beginning May 1st and will remain open for one month. Stories accepted during this time will fill our August and September 2011 schedule.

Tales that will grab my attention in a jiffy will be a female protagonist searching for buried treasure, a General Tom Thumb style character who is an amateur sleuth, western noir or 21st century cowboy, giants, a condemned wizard and sexy witches, science fiction, a Biblical related detective story, a boat trapped in the Bermuda Triangle, massive human-eating ticks, literary, a necromancer, a caveman cozy mystery.

And, of course, just well-written stories.

18 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Wow, you gave me a lot of ideas.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm taking notes.

Anonymous said...

Biblical detective?

David Cranmer said...

Actually, I gave myself a couple as well, Patti. :)

Very good, Charles.

Anonymous, I remember a Hoch story in EQMM a few years ago that centered around the Wise men that was quite creative. Of course, check the BTAP guidelines page when it comes to religion or politics.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

A caveman cozy? I don't even know what that means. :)

But I'm so impressed that you know what you want!

Nik Morton said...

Very prescient, David. My caveman detective story is going the rounds at present...

David Cranmer said...

Alyssa, I'm not sure what the heck that means either. But if someone can pull it off...

Nik, I bet you have a top story for every genre or sub-genre imaginable.

Chudney Thomas said...

Hmmm! I may have to alert a friend of mine.

Fred Zackel said...

All of that in a single story? Aw, man!!!

Fred Zackel said...

Actually the Biblical detective for a realllllly noir tale is Job in the Book of Job. Now that's noir. Who wook my kids, my cows, my bulls? Who burned my house...? And so he investigates.

As for his wife, "Curse God & Die" has to be a great kicker.

David Cranmer said...

Fred, Big chuckles here. Yes, I worded that poorly. A story with all those elements would be staggering. Ha.

Job, without a doubt, was the ultimate noir.

Kieran Shea said...

May 1st, huh? Hmmmm...

David Cranmer said...

I added giants just for you, Kieran.

Dan_Luft said...

Dream cast for Job: Burt Lancaster as Job, Robert Mitchum as the devil and the voice of John Huston as God (again).

Steve Weddle said...

fantastic

David Cranmer said...

Dan, Throw in Gene Tierney or Ava Gardner and we're smoking.

Steve, Ya!

Clare2e said...

OKay- finally something in my wheelhouse!

David Cranmer said...

Send it in, Clare. Can't wait, amiga!