Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A FISTFUL OF LEGENDS Special Offer

I.J. Parnham has a special deal for those who have yet to buy A FISTFUL OF LEGENDS. This collection features twenty-one thrilling tales of the Old West including Matthew Mayo's 2010 Spur Award finalist short story and the debut of my western anti-hero, Cash Laramie. So, zip over to Ian's blog for one of the top western anthologies that you will ever have the pleasure to own.

Btw, the generous outpouring of comments and emails for "Miles to Go"--Cash's partner's solo outing--has urged me on to finish the western novel I had tucked away. Much appreciated, folks.

In other CL news, Cash's "The Wind Scorpion" will be coming out in August in BEAT to a PULP: ROUND 1 and "Cash Laramie and the Kid" will be in The Western Online sometime in September. But probably the most exciting news for CL and company is the collaboration project with another author's 19th century hero who meets with Cash and Miles for a steampunk action-packed adventure involving those mysterious airships of 1887/96. No date for that yet but I'll send a telegram when it's locked and loaded.

12 comments:

David Barber said...

I'll be getting myself a copy of A Fistful Of Legends. Good luck with your novel, David, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work on the net.

Take care mate.

David Cranmer said...

Excellent. You won't be disappointed with LEGENDS.

Thanks, Dave.

Evan Lewis said...

Cash goes steampunk. Cool!

David Cranmer said...

It comes from watching the entire THE WILD WILD WEST series last year. But I will owe the success for what makes it steampunk to my writing partner. He's doing an incredible job.

Charles Gramlich said...

I could go for a little good steampunk. I'll check out the Fistful of Legends post.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Cash and Miles have for adventures ahead.

-Diane

Ron Scheer said...

"Miles to Go" - The style is so clean, economical, powerful. I appreciate the theme of male bonding in the story, as well. So many westerns feature loners. They are isolated figures in the world who keep others at a distance, including the women. A lot of readers identify with that. I don't.

David Cranmer said...

Diane, Glad you like them.

Thanks Ron. I come from the Hemingway school of less is more, so there's no greater compliment than "... so clean, economical."

Sarah Laurence said...

Terrific to hear that you are inspired to finish your novel. I think your writing style would suit westerns well. Good luck!

David Cranmer said...

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Btw if you get a chance, I'd love to know what you think of "Miles to Go."

Barbara Martin said...

I tried leaving a comment on the "miles to go" but was booted out. Great story, and he should definitely follow-up with a sequel or a series.

Anyway David, you must finish your western novel. People are waiting to read it.

David Cranmer said...

Barbara, Sometimes BTAP doesn't care for lengthy comments and we're not quite sure why. Sorry 'bout that.

But thank you for the encouraging words on finishing the novel. I'm a-working on it.