Saturday, June 5, 2010

BTAP #77: Collision by David King

I'm a daily peruser of David King's distinctive Pics and Poems blog with posts on everything from reviews of books, pictures of original pieces of art, and his own poignant, and sometimes humorous, haikus. Dave's poem "I am the man who swallowed the boy" impressed upon me the need to have his work featured in BTAP. Poetry and I are strange bedfellows. I am unable to compose it or critique it properly, but I know when I like it, and I like Mr. King's prose a whole heck of a lot. I approached him about contributing some lines for our Weekly Punch and he delivered in a big way. So without further ado, here's David King at BEAT to a PULP with "Collision."

#

Special giveaway this week: BTAP has purchased some stamps with our logo including the boxer image and we are set to give them away! These are legitimate stamps that can be used on your regular snail mail for those of you who still use the U.S. Postal services and for those who don't, well, you'll have a nice addition to your stamp collection. Two lucky winners will receive a sheet of ten stamps just by leaving a comment on "Collision." Names will be tossed into a hat for a random drawing on Saturday, June 12th and the two winners will be announced on next week's BTAP blogger post.